Friday 24 February 2017

KLASSIC KIRBY KOMIC KOVERS: STRANGE TALES #183 (OR #130 - TAKE YOUR PICK)...

Images copyright MARVEL COMICS

As you can see, the cover of STRANGE TALES #183 is an enlarged segment from #130.  I first saw JACK KIRBY's art for this on the cover of its latter printing, not its original, though I'd read the story contained therein in an issue of TERRIFIC back in the '60s.  Because I'm a generous guy, I thought I'd show you both versions, so don't say I never spoil you - because I do!  Which version do you prefer, frantic ones?  Share, share, share!

4 comments:

John Pitt said...

The bottom one, of course, Kidda!
Wish I'd seen THIS one in the racks!

Kid said...

I'm hedging my bets, JP - I like 'em both.

Steve said...

Both great covers Kid but I've got to go with the second one because of the Beatles meeting Torch and the thing,
wish I had a copy.

Kid said...

It's reprinted in one of the FF Masterworks volumes, S. You may still be able to pick up a cheaper softcover edition at your local comics store.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...