Sunday 8 October 2017

CLASSIC COMICS OF YESTERYEAR: YOGI & HIS TOY #1 - COMPLETE ISSUE...

Characters copyright HANNA-BARBERA

Well, okay, it's arguable whether this particular periodical can rightly be regarded as a 'classic', but that's how I regard it as I bought it when it first went on sale in February of 1972.  I was 13 years old and clearly too old for the comic, which was aimed at much younger readers, but I was always a sucker for anything to do with YOGI BEAR.  It seems to me that I was in the house I then lived in for quite some time after this title came out, so I'm surprised to discover that I moved to another residence in another neighbourhood a mere four months later.  Funny how the mind plays tricks, eh?

Anyway, if you had this comic back in 1972, then now you have it again - and if you didn't, then you do now.  Everybody's a winner - unless you're not a Yogi Bear fan that is.  That's unthinkable of course.

(Incidentally, I haven't cleaned up the pages too much, which still show some of the marks of time.  I've only whitened up the margins and gutters just a tad.)    













4 comments:

Phil S said...

absolutely. I don't remember this comic or I would have bought it. Beano and MWOM were my reading material. I wish they have reprinted tv 21 but it was too late for me.

Kid said...

Some of the TV21 material was reprinted in Countdown in 1971, PS. Ever see that comic?

Phil S said...

Post a cover and I might remember. I got the new reprint Gerry Anderson tv 21 comics hardback collection and am working my way through it. I'm noticing a slight fuzziness in the line of the art. I'm assuming they shot some of it from published art and not from original art. Or was it always like that? Take a look yourself and tell me.

Kid said...

Already posted, PS - just type Countdown into the search box. There's been a few reprint hardback collections over the last few years, with the ones by Egmont being printed from (often) poor scans of TV21 pages, but the ones by Reynolds & Hearn/Signum Books have some pages printed direct from the original art.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...