Sunday 31 December 2017

LION 1980 HOLIDAY SPECIAL...


Copyright REBELLION

Here's a ZIP NOLAN tale and a MOWSER page from the 1980 LION Holiday Special.  Betcha you'd all love to see the ROBOT ARCHIE and The SPIDER confrontation, but I'm holding off on that for the moment.  After all, you need something to look forward to.  Incidentally, this Lion Special only had 64 pages, which was 16 short of the 80 page 1974 Special, which itself was 16 fewer than the year before in '73.  (I can't say precisely which year the page count dropped from 80 to 64 as I don't have the '75 - '79 issues.)  Page numbers went down and prices went up, which is, I suppose, why Holiday Specials eventually faded from the scene.  



6 comments:

Arfon Jones said...

Has there ever been a Robot Archie compendium/collected stories? Id rather like to sit down and read all his strips again...

Kid said...

Good question, AJ. I seem to dimly recall (or perhaps just imagine) talk of such an intended project, but as far as I know it didn't happen. I've certainly never seen it if it did. The first several strips of Robot Archie (when the strip was called The Jungle Robot) from Lion comic are on the blog somewhere.

Arfon Jones said...

It would be great if they did, its just the sort of thing I would lap up, I haven't read any for some time and it would be nice to read them 'in order' I still think Jungle Robot was a brilliant idea!

Kid said...

I'd certainly buy such a collection. Hopefully, someone who can bring it about gets to read this.

Arfon Jones said...

Fingers crossed (to whom it may concern... around December? Id love to sit down to read it by a roaring fire and a glass of port. Cheers!)

Kid said...

Rebellion - are you listening? (Or reading?)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...